Follow This Rule - Life is too short to be good all the time

We have all been through it! I certainly have. It often scares people away and they throw it into the 'too hard basket'. 

We all love a beer and a big feed. You have every right to still enjoy that without feeling guilty. Don't let it get to you. 

The 80/20 diet rule is a popular weight loss strategy that has gained significant momentum in recent years. The concept behind this approach is relatively simple: you eat healthy and nutritious foods 80 percent of the time and indulge in your favourite foods or treats 20 percent of the time. This approach allows for a balanced and sustainable diet by incorporating moderation, flexibility, and enjoyment.

The 80/20 rule is based on the Pareto Principle, which states that roughly 80 percent of effects come from 20 percent of causes. In the context of diet, this means that 80 percent of our health outcomes are determined by our dietary choices while the remaining 20 percent is influenced by other factors such as genetics, exercise, and stress.

By focusing on nutrient-dense whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats, we can provide our bodies with the necessary nutrients to function optimally. This allows us to maintain a healthy weight, reduce the risk of chronic illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes, and improve our overall well-being.

At the same time, the 20 percent allowance provides room for flexibility and enjoyment. This means that we can indulge in our favourite foods or treats without feeling guilty or deprived. This approach reduces the likelihood of binging or overeating, which often occurs with strict diets that completely eliminate certain foods.

To implement the 80/20 rule, the best outcome is to roughly plan and prepare meals ahead of time. This allows you to have healthy options readily available and reduces the likelihood of reaching for processed or junk food. Additionally, it is important to focus on portion control and practice mindful eating to avoid overeating.

The 80/20 rule also encourages listening to your body and honouring your hunger cues. This means that if you are craving a particular food, it is okay to indulge in moderation. However, it is crucial to ensure that your overall diet is balanced and nutrient-dense.

To top things off, the 80/20 diet rule is a sustainable and flexible approach to healthy eating that allows for both indulgence and nourishment. By focusing on whole foods and allowing for occasional treats or indulgences, this approach promotes balance, moderation, and enjoyment, leading to better long-term dietary outcomes.

So grab your favourite Oblvyn tee here and enjoy the finer things in life. 


Share this post